At this point I'm certain that my doctor must be tired of seeing me every week!! Today I went in for my stress test. I didn't really know what to expect and I hadn't done my research on what exactly it was (shame on me!) so this appointment was more of a surprise for me. They brought me back to a room, had me sit in a comfy leather recliner, reclined it to prop my feet up, and fixed 2 circular censors to my belly. The censors were attached to a machine that kinda resembled a lie detector machine. It monitored the baby's heart rate, my contraction line, and there was also a button that the nurse put in my right hand that I needed to push whenever I felt her move. I sat and watched tv for the next 20 minutes, listening to Aurora's heartbeat and clicking the little button. You should hear every little movement she made, even ones that I couldn't feel! The best part was when I would talk to her, all movements would stop and you could just hear her steady heart pumping, as if she was listening to every word I was saying! So sweet!
I passed the stress test with flying colors; she has a strong heart, tons of movement, but my contraction line was pretty much completely flat. Dr checked my cervix again (still completely closed- surprise surprise!) and told me my induction was set for 1am Thursday morning!! I'm so ready to meet my daughter!!

No comments:
Post a Comment