40 weeks, and it is Aurora's Estimated Due Date... but still no Aurora... This is one of the most frustrating things ever!! To think and dwell on a date for 9 months, to anticipate a time when you'll be able to hold your child, and to watch that day come and go. In fact, her actual due date was pretty anticlimactic! I was off from work so I just sat and watched tv all day!
My 40 week doctor appointment was the same stuff. Blood pressure great, baby's heartbeat great, cervix check. I held my breath and hoped for a least 1cm dilated so we could do the membrane sweep. I confessed to my doctor that I was DONE being pregnant, and the cervix check felt a lot longer and a bit deeper than previous checks had been (I think the doctor was really trying to find SOME kind of news to give me) but, alas, I was still completely closed. I could immediately feel tears starting to form but I held it together. The doctor then asked me if I wanted to go ahead and schedule to be induced or keep waiting (they would let me go to 42 weeks before inducing if I wanted). Which do you think I went with?! "Ummm...induction please! ASAP!" I was told it couldn't be until I was 41 weeks or later, so Dr set a nurse to schedule it on Thursday (exactly 41 weeks!) He also informed me that I would be given a stress test (for the baby) on Tuesday and the results of that test would determine what kind of induction drugs they start me on.
Instead of crying when I got to the car I was a wave of emotions. Naturally I was still upset that I wasn't dilated and that Aurora wasn't in a hurry to meet me; but I was also extremely happy to have an actual date of when things would start happening. Now I KNEW that I would be in the hospital and that baby would be in my arms by the next weekend! It was a planners dream!
Also, look at these amazingly adorable pieces my friend made for the baby!! An Ewok outfit and a house-elf cap! These are the cutest!!


No comments:
Post a Comment