Friday, September 30, 2016

38/39 weeks... a waiting game


I might look happy in this picture, but I did NOT want to take a weekly progress photo! After my 38 week Dr appointment, I just felt defeated. I was still completely closed when the Dr did my cervix check... No thinning, no dilation, nada! I guess I can't be all that surprised as I haven't had any contractions or any other signs of upcoming labor. The dr talked to me about stripping my membrane next week, as long as I was at least 1cm dilated! After I looked into it, typically the membrane stripping leads to labor occurring the same day! So I guess I have something to look forward to for next week! While I was there, they told me that has flu shots to give out if I wanted one. Man, it was a nice sharp pain and another pain when the medicine was entering my body! Ugggh! Meanwhile, I'm still working, but I dropped down from working 40 hours to working 32 hours. 

     
     I was so excited for my family to come visit me from out of state! They were hoping that baby Aurora Quinn would have been here by now, but she is holed up in my belly and is quite comfortable in there! So instead, my family got to be a part of my 39 week progress picture!! My brother, his girlfriend, and their daughter (my niece) Juliette also came to visit. Little Juliette (9.5 months old) would not stop staring at my belly and she would often try to reach for it! Makes one wonder if she could sense that her cousin, and future best friend, was in there! 

     So onto my 39 week dr appointment- which was another colossal failure! I was excited for the membrane sweep that my doctor talked to me about last week! I read that it hurts a little so I was thankful that my husband was by my side for a hand to squeeze! Unfortunately I was still completely closed! I was dumbfounded! No progress still... What the heck was going on?! So another anticlimactic appointment. I got to my car and just burst into tears. I want nothing more than to meet my daughter and it's so incredibly frustrating to see nothing happening. My husband does what he can to make me feel better, but I usually just need to have my own pity party, cry it out, and be done.
     One week until my baby's due date and I'm fairly certain now that she is going to be very overdue. Let the waiting continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment