It's 36 weeks!!! Just 4 incredibly long weeks until my little ones due date. Honestly, I am counting down every second, minute and day until she arrives. But while the countdown to birth goes down, my level of discomfort goes up. I am getting so big and my body feels heavy. The excess weight has really started taking it's toll on me. In addition to the edema that I mentioned last week, my hips are in constant pain. It feels like I've just spent hours riding a horse! This little girl has a few precious weeks inside me before she's gotta go!
The exciting part of this week is that we got our final ultrasound! I LIVE for ultrasounds- the chance to actually see my mini-me moving around inside my belly and watch her little heart beat! Just look at those little pouty lips!!
After the ultrasound, I saw the doctor for my first cervix check, and for a strep test. The strep test is an easy enough thing- Doctor takes a double-ended q-tip and swipes inside my vagina with one end, and then around my anus with the other end. Honestly, I was a bit nervous about this as I'm pretty self-conscience about my "lady bits". But my doctor is pretty amazing! While he was down there doing the cervix check, he swabbed and it was all over with 60 seconds! I had read on some of my mommy blogs that many women found the cervix check to be a painful experience, one women even said that she would bleed afterwards every time. My doctor mentioned that I would feel some pressure, but it was nothing more than putting a tampon in. Piece of cake! For this first check, Dr said I was closed. So, it looks like I'm settling in for another week of "joyful" pregnancy.

No comments:
Post a Comment