Wednesday, August 31, 2016

35 weeks- football and edema




     Last week I hit 35 weeks of pregnancy. So to celebrate, I went to a football game! I am a Miami Dolphins fan (this year is our year!!) and my husband is an Atlanta Falcons fan, so when we heard that they were playing a preseason game against each other in our backyard, we HAD to go! We were pretty high up in the stands but luckily the stadium had an escalator so no stair climbing for this lady!! I did pretty well until the long trek back to the car after the game. I had to ask the group to slow down significantly because I couldn't keep up! But all in all it was an amazing time!

     Also in this, week my legs have started to feel the burn. My ankles, which used to be so delicate and dainty, are gone. My legs below the knee are getting a bit swollen. And shin splints have started to set in. So standing or walking for anything more than about 15 minutes is very uncomfortable. After looking into it a bit and talking to my doula, I discovered that I have edema in my legs (more specially "pitted edema"). If I press a finger into the skin on my lower legs or my cankles it leaves a depression in the skin for a few minutes. My legs are just holding in so much fluid, but it's my body preparing for the baby. If I said it once, I'll say it a hundred times: "pregnancy sucks!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment