Monday, August 1, 2016

31 weeks- Putting together the nursery!

     The minute my husband and I found out we were expecting we knew which room would be designated for the nursery. It's the closest room to our master bedroom and it didn't have any furniture in it yet- so an easy choice! The room was plain and boring white walls, with a few painting "liberties" that the previous kids who occupied it must have done. Here are some pics:




Fortunately, my fantastic brother and his girlfriend decided that their gift to us was helping to do the nursery! So they purchased a chair rail that would run the entire length of the room as well as a pretty wainscoting. We painted the wall a medium pink color (we only needed to do half the wall as the wainscoting was going to be on the bottom half):

Here is what the room looked like with the chair rail and wainscoting installed:


The final step was caulking everything, sanding it smooth, painting the chair rail white and the wainscoting grey! I think it came out so beautiful!! Here is a pic of the final product:

Of course I had to get a weekly picture and I wanted to include my brother (his girlfriend Sara didn't want her photo taken) and my little niece Juliette! 

Next is to fill the room with furniture and get some things on the wall!!








No comments:

Post a Comment