This has been a crazy week! My discomfort continues to increase and it's really affecting my mood. I wake up feeling ok but by mid-afternoon gravity has done it's work on my body- leading to super swollen legs, ankles and feet. That, coupled with the increasing pain in my hips, all lead to a general unpleasantness that makes me something much less than the "glowing, happy pregnant lady" facade!
Also exciting and note-worthy, I went to another audition this week! I got myself into a dress, actually shaved my legs (at least, to the best of my ability) did my hair and make-up (took 1.5 hours to straighten my hair, so you know I was invested in this audition!) The audition was for a couple of Christmas shows at another theme park, so rehearsals and performances wouldn't start until after baby Aurora is born and I've recovered. The entire audition was a great experience! Aurora got her own audition number, and mom got a callback!
For the appointment this week, I was all alone. 😕 My husband wasn't able to get the day off and I knew nothing monumental was going to happen, so it was ok that he wasn't there. Dr. checked my cervix- still closed... I felt like screaming! I wanted SOMETHING! Even 1cm dilated, just something to suggest that labor was imminent, but NOPE! Instead, I'm fairly certain that I'm going to go past my due date. Dr. also told me that the strep test was positive. He said that 1 in 5 women are positive, and it just means that I'll be on antibiotics during labor. Nothing major. This is actually the first hiccup in my entire pregnancy. (No morning sickness, perfect blood pressure every appointment, passed first glucose test with flying colors, no food adversions, etc!) At my appointment, the doctor even remarked on how smooth of a pregnancy I've had. Even so, I'm really ready for it to be over. Time to hunker down for another week of carrying this child!


No comments:
Post a Comment