"28 week- baby is the size of a bowl of cereal" Who comes up with this stuff?! a bowl of cereal?! So if she gets into a ball in my uterus she will be that size? Or does she weight the approximate weight of a bowl of cereal? And what size bowl are we talking about here? Because I've eaten cereal from a bowl that is MUCH larger than standard dish size! Whatever way you slice it, it's a strange comparison, but it's definitely more interesting that the old fashioned 'baby is this fruit' description!
28 weeks means that I have my last monthly doctors appointment, which was today in fact, and I'll be seeing my doctor every two weeks for now on. I got the TDAP shot today (which includes the whopping cough) and now my arm hurts like a bitch! Luckily the doctor warned me about the after pain, but it still hurts! Baby's heartbeat was right on track, as was my weight gain, so doctor was happy overall. Appointments every 2 weeks makes it hard for me to organize my work schedule, but it's also exciting because that means the end is in sight! I can see the light at the end of this baby tunnel!!
28 weeks also means that I am OVER being pregnant. I am DONE. I am not "glowing" and I am not emanating with the joy that is pregnancy. But god forbid I ever post something like that on Facebook! I can just imagine the negative Nancy's now: "Well you wanted this," "Just suck it up," "This is what you asked for," "Enjoy it, you'll miss it when it's over," "Don't forget about people who can't get pregnant," etc. Facebook has definitely turned into a breeding place of those who feel like they need to express all of their opinions and make others feel badly.
Now, when I say that I'm "over being pregnant" I don't mean that I regret going on this journey- far from it! I don't want her to come now either- she needs to cook so she is as healthy as possible. I just want to blink my eyes and fast forward to her delivery day! Pregnancy is a "miracle" and "magical" and I truly feel that whenever she kicks and moves. But pregnancy sucks. It really sucks. Watching your body put on more and more weight, your back is in constant pain from said weight, having blood drawn more times in 9 months then in the last 9 years of my life, being on light duty at my job, not being able to help around the house like I want to, the food/medicine/etc restrictions, clothes not fitting, I can go on and on! Also, third trimester pregnancy in the dead heat of Florida summer is less than ideal (it was 99 degrees yesterday with a heat index of 111 degrees!) So at this point in my journey to motherhood, I feel the complete opposite of "magical'. Here's to hoping the next 12 weeks go by quickly!!

No comments:
Post a Comment