30 weeks!! Thank god!! 3/4 of the way through this thing! Here's what's been happening this week:
My back is in full blown hurting mode. That, coupled with the lingering effects of my little cold, has me taking Tylenol and Sudafed (along with the horse pill that is my prenatal vitamin!). I'm going to invest in a heating pad and possibly a pregnancy belly band to help my back. I'll update if any of that works.
I had my 30 week doctor appointment yesterday (just 11 days since my last appointment) and I have come to a sad realization: peeing in a cup is no longer a clean affair. I used to just pop a squat on the porcelain goddess, release the flow, bend over to get a good sight line, swoop the cup in there and collect. Those quick and easy days are done, at least for the next 10 weeks. Try as I might to bend over and get a good sight now, my ever expanding belly is completely in the way! So once the flow starts I blindly thrust the little cup underneath me and hope for the best. Unfortunately, "the best" now is a half-filled cup and plenty of pee on my hand. These are things that other moms don't tell you happens, so I'm happy to pass on these gems! My only source of happiness, after having my hand soaked in my own urine, is comparing my sample to the other samples (if there are others waiting to be collected.) So far, my sample has always been the lightest color on the shelf. And I give a knowing smile with the knowledge that I just won the "Sample game."
I'm trying to be as transparent as possible about my pregnancy. Showing all aspects of the journey- instead of just the smiles and the "glow", and the baby kicks. If you ever have questions, however off the wall, please feel free to ask!!

No comments:
Post a Comment